Tuesdays, November 10th & 17th at 10:00 am
In this constantly changing world, we are all living in, you need to stay nimble and creative in your approach to reaching out to your donors. Join Jenn Hayslett, highly rated fundraising trainer and coach, for two interactive workshops on how to engage your donors and encourage them to keep giving to your organization during this complex time.
Part 1: What should you say to your donors? How to effectively communicate and ask donors for support during Covid
Tuesday, November 10, 10:00 am-11:15 am
The pandemic has changed how we communicate — but most of your donors still want to support your important work.
During this session, we will explore how to –
- Craft intentional and clear messages that speak directly to your donors.
- Gather and share your clients’ stories in a respectful and inclusive way that explains your impact to your donors.
- Segment your messages to communicate the importance of your nonprofit’s work and ask your donors for support using print appeals, e-appeals, social media and website,
- Build a diverse and inclusive communications advisory team to review your messages and materials so that you are speaking to your multiple audiences with a voice that supports racial, gender, and economic justice.
Part 2: The Time is Now: How to Have Successful Donor Fundraising Meetings on Zoom
Tuesday, November 17, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
In this interactive online workshop, you will learn how to confidently reach out to your donors using Zoom or other video conferencing platforms.
In this workshop you will:
- Receive a customizable Training Manual that gives you the tools and scripts you need to invite your donors to meetings and ask them to support your organization.
- Learn the Connecting Conversations Model to help you ground yourself in meetings with donors.
- Have a chance to practice participating in meaningful, goal- directed conversations with your donors.
- Increase your skills and confidence to make your online donor meetings successful.
Register in advance for these sessions:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
About the Presenter:
As a leadership and professional development coach Jenn Hayslett works with individuals and teams to develop clear goals and design action plans to achieve them.
In her work as a consultant, Jenn partners with nonprofits to articulate powerful stories of impact and supports Boards, Executive Directors, and staff in developing the confidence and skill to successfully ask for support. Her specialty is in building and improving relationship-based fundraising programs for small and mid-sized nonprofits, honed through 25 years of leadership experience.
Jenn’s engaging presentation style makes her a highly-rated presenter. She is a certified trainer, facilitator and consultant and received her coach training through Coaches Training Institute (CTI). JennHayslett.com
Building Resilient Nonprofits for our Region
As part of our commitment to support healthy and vibrant nonprofits during these difficult times, the SouthCoast Community Foundation, as a founding member of the Massachusetts Community Foundation Partnership, is proud to share the Partnership’s first list of workshops. We are excited to be able to bring these to you for free. These workshops are just one of several tools and resources we plan to bring you to address the needs of the nonprofit community you surfaced during our recent survey.
Massachusetts Community Foundations Partnership
A donor collaborative of Community Foundations in Massachusetts, partnering with nonprofit organizations to strengthen their missions, programs and capacities to contribute to and provide a leadership voice toward stabilizing, re-envisioning and rebuilding the nonprofit sector; connecting and strengthening community foundations for greater impact; and working together to deepen impact and lead on critical and common issues facing our communities and Massachusetts.