Do you love all things social media? Are you curious about what it takes to maintain a consistent brand presence while creating meaningful and engaging content? The SouthCoast Community Foundation is hiring a Social Media Intern to assist in the planning, creation, and deployment of social media content. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team that is making a positive impact in our community while expanding your knowledge and gaining valuable experience. The intern will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager and may also assist in other Marketing-related activities as needed. We are asking for a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the planning, creation, and execution of social media campaigns
- Assist with posting approved content on behalf of the foundation.
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote the Foundation on various social media websites
- Support the tracking of social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Assist with marketing projects as needed
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Ability to multitask and cope well under pressure
- Eager to work and learn in a collaborative environment
- Effective communicator; verbal and written (Spanish or Portuguese a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Photoshop, or InDesign
- Confident in using a camera (phone acceptable) and exhibits the ability to capture quality images that properly convey the story being told.
- Proficient in using and best practices of social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Twitter, and LinkedIn), apps, and corresponding business tools in support of creating and publishing content.
- Ability to work part-time (25 hours/weekly)
Candidates should demonstrate the following abilities/characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills on the phone, Zoom, and in-person
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented
- Knowledge of, or interest in the nonprofit sector
- Energetic, friendly, and creative
Internship date: 2021 Fall and potentially, 2022 Spring Term
Compensation: $15 per hour (25-hour workweek)
About the Community Foundation:
The SouthCoast Community Foundation is a public nonprofit serving the communities of Southeastern Massachusetts through philanthropy. Its mission is to mobilize philanthropy by matching donors and resources with community needs for the benefit of the region, which encompasses 41 cities and towns in Bristol, Plymouth, Dukes, and Norfolk Counties. Since 1995, the organization has distributed over $50 million from more than 200 individual, family, and corporate funds to humanitarian, educational, and cultural organizations throughout the south coast.
The SouthCoast Community Foundation is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, nation origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status, or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, 3-5 social post examples that exhibit unique images and copy you have created, one writing sample, and one reference to Kim Goddard – firstname.lastname@example.org